🔥12199

Los Angeles, CA – The man accused of shooting and killing Nipsey Hussle will reportedly stand trial this spring.

New York Daily News reports Eric Holder was in a Los Angeles courtroom earlier this week when Judge Robert Perry said the trial is expected to start at the beginning of April and last roughly two weeks.

“Mr. Holder, as you know, this is an important case and a serious case,” Perry reportedly said to Holder during court proceedings. “”These cases take time to get ready for trial. You have the right to a speedy trial. “Are you OK that we continue this case, and you come back on March 18 and we do our best to start your trial within 30 days. Are you OK with that?”

Holder — dressed in a yellow jumpsuit and shackled at the waist — replied, “Yeah.”

It’s possible the trial could begin on March 31, which would mark the one-year anniversary of Nipsey’s murder.

Nip was gunned down in front of his Marathon Clothing store in South Los Angeles. Despite emergency responders’ best efforts, he was pronounced dead shortly after he arrived at the hospital. Police arrested Holder only days later.

Holder was indicted by a grand jury last May on one count of murder, two counts of attempted murder and one count of possession of a firearm by a felon by a grand jury. He was also indicted on two new counts of assault with a firearm.

He faces life in prison if convicted.

Related Posts

Roscoe's House Of Chicken & Waffles Roasts KFC Over New Menu Addition

Kanye West Out At Coachella 2019 After Stage Demands Weren't Met

#DXCLUSIVE: B-Real Just Opened His Fifth Dr. Greenthumb’s Marijuana Dispensary & Plans To Expand Outside Of California

Dee Barnes Needs Hip Hop’s Help: "I Am Officially Homeless"

Drake Under Fire After Old Video Surfaces Of Him Fondling 17-Year-Old Concertgoer

Dave Chappelle Shares His Version Of R. Kelly’s Goons Doing What They Do